The Lexington County School District Three Board of Trustees is now seeking applications from qualified candidates who are interested in becoming the district’s next Superintendent. The application can be found by visiting the South Carolina School Boards Association’s website (www.scsba.org) and looking under the Services tab at the top of the page.
All applicants must be certified or eligible for certification as a Superintendent in South Carolina. In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate a proven record of exceptional leadership with the following additional qualifications:
- A leader with a vision of educational excellence who will work cooperatively with the Board of Trustees to build relationships with students, staff, parents and the community to achieve academic excellence for all students.
- A leader who can analyze current situations, initiate appropriate action, inform the Board of Trustees when advisable, and who will provide leadership in the development of short-and long-term goals for the district.
- A visible, accessible, approachable leader who is committed to building mutual respect and trust and serving as a model and mentor among staff.
- An articulate communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work creatively, effectively and visibly with Board members, staff, students, parents and the community.
- A person who understands the complexities of school finance, can interpret educational and financial data, and who will maximize the use of resources in support of the educational programs of the district.
- An administrator with a thorough knowledge of and successful experience in school district management, including information technology, staff development, program assessment, accountability measures and school improvement.
Applicants are requested to submit all of the following items:
- A letter of application indicating interest in this position
- A completed application form, including the applicant’s statement section
- A current résumé
- Three letters of reference written within the last six months
The deadline for applications is Thursday, February 20th. All application materials and inquiries regarding the search should be directed to:
SC School Boards Association
111 Research Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
In addition, the Lexington Three Board of Trustees encourages parents, staff members, and community members to take part in a quick survey regarding the Superintendent search. The survey will allow Board members to gauge the characteristics and traits that are most important to stakeholders as they seek to fill the Superintendent vacancy. The survey can be found by visiting https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Lexington3.